Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cemetery Updates

Hello!!!!!! I feel as though I have left my blog unattended while perusing my other blog  pertaining to updates on Samuel Atkins. His blog is to the left if you are interested. A lot has happened in his world if you are interested to just pop on over there and see!!! Now, my dear cemetery companions what have I been up to while being a devoted taphophile these days. A lot !!! so many new and wonderful things have sprung up and I am going to share a few of those monumental and Tombstone delights with you in this newest update and post. Since I was last with you I have added Denton county to my range of haunts!!!
Ahh Yisssssss. As well as new cemeteries in Grayson County. So lets get to it shall we!!!

The first I shall address comes from New Woodville Cemetery In Woodville Oklahoma. Woodville was flooded in 1930s or so to make room for Lake Texoma. For more on Woodville Ok. Click here. This link is more a collective history of Woodville and such. Before the lakes were flooded the cemeteries were moved to what became New Woodville cemetery. Honestly it was an eerie cemetery, very quite. A lot of the people were moved from old family cemeteries to this new one when lake texoma was being made.  Lots and lots of unusual stone I saw here.  This was back in April of 2015. I am a friend had went to commemorate the 89th death anniversary of their beloved relative.


 
My Next Update comes from Luella and Whitemound area cemeteries in May while texas was getting all that horrid amount of Torrential rain. The cemeteries were, Whitemound, Cedar and Cedar lawn we visited. All these cemeteries reside in the Grayson county circuit. At cedar I found Corn, and more unusual tombstones and a shell baby.  More updates to come On Hall cemetery, Kaufman, Dixie, Oak wood, I.O.O.F. and lots of others cemeteries coming shortly.



Shell baby at Cedar




No comments:

Post a Comment