Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Fore Fathers: Literally

I have been wanting for some time to write a post about my  some of My grandfathers. I am very very fortunate I feel to have been to some of the Grave sites of them.
The First Grand father I will Address is of course an Atkins- on my mothers side through her Father my Maternal Great Great Grandfather was named Elisha Joseph Alexander Atkins
Elisha Joe was known as Titus and was born in Celina Tn in 1874 to Samuel W. Atkinson and Sally Brummet Atkinson . Elisha Had nine Children Total. one of which was my infamous great uncle Samuel Taylor Atkins who died in 1927. Elisha married Nellie Florence Dyer on August 18, 1895 in Clay County Tn. His son Jerry Paul born in 1907 is my great grandfather, father to my still living grandfather james Paul. Elisha Joe died in 1939 and was buried in Van Alstyne Cemetery.

     The Second set of Grandparents I would like to mention is the Johnson's,  they are also my maternal grandparents. My First Great Great was names Joseph E. Micheal Johnson, He was born in Baltimore Maryland in 1877 to Clementine Parker and James Johnson. He came to Texas in about 1900 with his mother following the death of his father sometime in the 1890s. He married Sarah Lucinda Spears   
He was Buried at pecan Grove Cemetery in Mckinney Texas in 1954.



The Third Great grandfather I write about is Noah Morris spears, Father of Sarah Lucinda spears Johnson. Noah was born in Normandy Tennessee in 1837. Noah was Civil war veteran, He later married Margaret Emmaline Kitchens  who died in in 1885, she was buried in kitchens cemetery.  His father was Nathan Morris Spears, currently I do not know where his father was buried at. Noah moved to Texas in 1890 with his family, shortly after his arrival his dau Emma Solone Spears Died of typhoid. She was buried at Cannon Cemetery, where Noah would later be interred.






Crossons, my Great Great Grandfather George Crosson  was born to George W. Crosson who was born in Wabash Illinois and came to Texas in the early 1870s or so. He Married Mary Goulden Crossons Evans in the 1890s and in 1898 in may George Dewey Crosson was born. George senior was a Union civil war veteran. he died in the 1900s and was buried in Princeton Cemetery.  George D. Crosson walked into the path of a moving car in 1955 and was killed, it was an accident.  he was buried in Princeton cemetery , he currently has no tombstone. I will shortly be making him one. In 1920 he married Mary Bell blazer . 
His Daugther Velma Ruth married James J. Johnson in 1939.



 Phillip Russell Born in 1935 to Emmett and Blanche Russell.   Phillip was buried at Van Alstyne Cemetery in 1983. He Married Joyce Worsham in the early 1950s. He had six children.

No comments:

Post a Comment